Sunday, April 22, 2007

People I'm Thinking of Today...

Adam... because he has been through so much recently and is still so much stronger than he realizes. We are here to be your guideposts and your light. Be reassured that the hurt you feel now means that you've been true to your heart all along... and that you are still surrounded with love from your friends and family.

Grandpa Meissen... who left us 15 years ago today. The memories of his smile, his hands, his "Susie" call for a granddaughter, seem like yesterday... maybe the gravelly sore throat voice I have today is so I can hear him in me.

My dad's high school friend... who lost her 19 year old daughter to a drunk driver yesterday. I hope her family can know faith and love during this time.

New daddies Schultz and Eric and their families... who have two new baby boys in their lives.... I hope they can be great blessings.

The families of those affected by the tragedy in Virginia... I hope your hearts look for solace, support and love and not revenge.


No matter the struggles we face in life, there are those who have their own. I'm learning to live with mine, and have compassion for those who deal with more than I do. It's humbling and reassuring to know that no matter how much is on our shoulders, we can still shift and carry the load for those we care about.

Lastly... for anyone who might be feeling lost...

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
--E.M. Forster.

No comments: