Monday, April 9, 2007

Great Quote.

"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."-- Alan Cohen

This quote really speaks to me today. Found it on one of my fave scrapbooker's websites and had to share it. I like the idea of thinking about what is really "meaningful" in your life. Your work, your hobbies, the time you spend with your family... because I think a lot of people at my age think more in the now... what is fun, what makes you money, what fills the time, what gets you skinny, what gets you ahead, rather than what is meaningful. My mom always said that I was a few years beyond my time... and even at 23 I find myself thinking about things like what am I going to regret not doing when I die? Am I going to wish I had spent more time finding great stories at work, or am I going to wish I'd spent the day watching movies at home relaxing? Am I going to wish I had tried to get further up in markets, or am I going to wish I'd stayed in a city I knew I loved? What in the long run has more "meaning"?

I don't plan to do this often, because I'd rather this blog be more about family and friends and scrapbooking... but I want to share a story I did last week that will last in my mind for a long time. It's someone that definitely has had a meaningful life, and will continue to live one for a long time. Click here to watch.

No comments: